Thinking about becoming a National Trust member?
Some of the team from Attingham Park and Dudmaston Hall will be visiting our Stanmore Hall and Oxon Hall Parks during April and May with more information about memberships!
Dudmaston Hall @ Stanmore Hall Touring Park
- Friday 14th April
- Saturday 27th May
Attingham Park @ Oxon Hall Touring Park
- Saturday 29th April
- Sunday 28th May
If you are ‘Umming’ and ‘ahhing’ whether or not to invest in a membership, we have put together a list for you of some of the benefits of joining the National Trust ...
- Free entry and parking at over 300 historic houses and gardens. Your National Trust membership also gives you free entry to all the National Trust for Scotland sites including 26 castles and palaces, 16 islands and many fine gardens.
- You can visit a wide variety of properties, ranging from large mansions with fantastic gardens to small town houses and farms, lighthouses, gold mines and castles.
- You will get free parking at most of the National Trust countryside, coastal and woodland locations.
- All National Trust members receive a handbook which contains all of the places that you can visit free of charge with your membership.
- Free newsletters are provided for your region highlighting news and special events happening in your area.
- Free National Trust magazine exclusively for members containing news, tips and guides. There are three editions per year.
- You can gain free admission to a number of locations overseas where the National Trust has an agreement with their respective organisations.
- Most of the larger English Heritage and National Trust sites have a tea room (and/or restaurant) and shop, many of these are open throughout the year.
- National Trust members receive membership benefits including discounts on Cotsworld Outdoor.
- Useful to break up long car journeys by planning to stop at National Trust properties en-route rather than motorway service stations, enabling you to enjoy some fresh air, a brief walk, beautiful surroundings and refreshments.
- Wherever you are in the country, you will never be further than 40 minutes away from the nearest National Trust attraction so you have a range of days out virtually on your doorstep.
- You will be supporting a charity that preserves some of the UK’s most beautiful properties, many with fine gardens and extensive parklands for future generations
- Wherever you are in the country, you can find which properties are within striking distance. The phone app is great for this. You can find many gems which may be great or small.
- Members can visit National Trust properties over and over again (each season brings its own beauty).
- You can make good use of your membership cards while holidaying and travelling around the country.
- Most properties host some great events for families and especially children.
All in all, becoming a National Trust member gives you a great incentive to get out and about, explore some of the country’s most beautiful gems whilst getting some fresh air and exercise. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to entertain the whole family and you can soon recoup your money with a few visits! There is so much to see and do!