Park Managers - Llanberis
At Morris Leisure, we have an exciting opportunity for two enthusiastic and customer-focused Park Managers to lead the team at our stunning Llanberis Touring Park in Snowdonia, North Wales.
Main Purpose of Job
As Park Manager, you will live and work on-site during the season and have full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the park, together with the management of the Assistant Park Managers. We are looking for two people who can live and work together and provide their own living accommodation. Previous experience would be beneficial but not essential for the right candidates. In return, you will benefit from a competitive benefits and salary package and your own enclosed compound with use of all the park’s facilities.
This is a permanent, full-time position with flexible working hours. You will be required to work across the week, including weekends and bank holidays (41.25 hours/5 days per week).
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Reception - provide the highest level of customer service at all times. You will be answering telephone calls, responding to emails, taking bookings, dealing with enquiries, greeting and dealing with guests.
- Administration - organising bookings and carrying out administration tasks. Completing all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner, together with the preparation of weekly and monthly reports to Head Office.
- Shop - using till and credit card machines, stocking shelves, purchasing and managing stock from suppliers.
- Finance - balancing and managing park finances.
- Pitches - assisting in the pitching of units and ensuring that pitching distances comply with health and safety protocol.
- Tourist information - stocking leaflets and communicating with local businesses.
- Cleaning - maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness of buildings, toilets and shower blocks.
- Rotas - compiling weekly staffing rotas to ensure adequate cover on the park at all times.
- Gardening & grounds maintenance - refuse collection, basic maintenance and general gardening duties using the tools and equipment provided.
- Managing the Assistant Park Managers - ensuring appropriate training and development is implemented as required.
To be successful, you will need to possess the following:
- Your own touring accommodation, whether that be a Motorhome, RV or Caravan.
- Ideally, previous park management experience is preferred but not essential.
- Be a ‘people person’ with a sense of humour!
- A desire to provide the highest level of customer service at all times. Ideally, you will have some experience of working with customers and resolving customer issues.
- A determination to achieve the highest standards of cleanliness.
- A practical hands-on approach to gardening and maintenance tasks.
- Good basic administration and numeracy skills.
- A good understanding of computers and a general working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivation but also the ability to work as part of the close-knit park team.
- Be prepared to work flexibly across the week.
- A current UK driving licence.
Salary & Benefits
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary (exceeds National Living Wage).
- 1 x enclosed private compound for your shared accommodation with your job share partner.
- Free of charge use of facilities in your compound/on-site (with the exception of a TV Licence).
- 28 days’ holiday entitlement per year.
- Generous pension scheme (employer 10% and employee 3% contribution) with life assurance up to 10 x salary (after 3 months’ service).
- Company sick pay (after 6 months' service).
- Company share scheme (subject to certain qualifying conditions).
- Discretionary company bonus scheme (subject to certain qualifying conditions).
- Healthcare cashback plan (discretionary and after 3 months’ service).
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 telephone helpline).
- Please note that your pets are welcome (up to a maximum of 2 dogs permitted).
Special Working Conditions
- Due to the nature of the role, your working hours are flexible and will cover a variety of shifts, including days, split shifts, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and special events. It is anticipated that holidays will be taken outside of the busy peak season.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering note explaining how you meet the role requirements to [email protected]. For further information, please call 01743 237536.
Please note, if we receive a large number of applications, we will close the vacancy early. It is, therefore, recommended that you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
After the closing date, applications will be shortlisted for interview. Unfortunately, because of the number of applications received, it may not be possible to contact you immediately if you have not been successful.
Morris Leisure is committed to treating everyone who works for the company fairly, openly, honestly, and with dignity and respect at all times. We seek to ensure equality of opportunity in all areas of employment, including the recruitment and selection process, with the selection of new employees based solely on merit.
Closing date: 31/01/2022
Intended start date: 01/03/2022