Assistant Park Managers - Stanmore Hall Touring Park
At Morris Leisure, we have an exciting opportunity for two enthusiastic people to join the team at our Stanmore Hall Touring Park in Bridgnorth, Shropshire. You will be living on the park within stunning surroundings and benefit from your own enclosed compound and access to on park amenities.
This is a permanent, full-time position working approximately 10 months of the year with a 2-month break in the out of season period (November – February). You will be required to work across the week, including weekends and bank holidays (41.25 hours/ 5 days per week).
Main Purpose of Job
As Assistant Park Managers, you will live and work on site throughout the season assisting the Park Managers with the day-to-day running of this award-winning five-star park.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Reception - provide the highest level of customer service at all times you will be answering telephone calls, responding to emails, taking bookings, dealing with enquires, greeting and dealing with guests.
Administration - organising bookings and carrying out basic administration tasks. Completing all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Shop - using till and credit card machines, cashing up, stocking shelves and stock control.
Pitches - assisting in the pitching of units.
Tourist information – stocking leaflets and communicating with local businesses.
Cleaning of facilities - maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness inside and outside of buildings, toilet and shower blocks.
Gardening and maintenance of the grounds - refuse collection and general gardening duties using the tools and equipment provided.
Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training and development activities.
Comply with the Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and HR policies and procedures as set out by the Company and in line with your current responsibilities.
To be successful you will need to possess the following:
- Your own touring accommodation, whether that be a Motorhome, RV or Caravan.
- Be a ‘people person’ with a sense of humour!
- A desire to provide at all times the highest levels of customer service and have some experience of working with customers and resolving customer issues.
- A determination to achieve the highest standards of cleanliness.
- A practical hands-on approach to gardening and maintenance tasks.
- Good basic administration and numeracy skills.
- A good understanding of computers and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivation but also the ability to work as part of a team.
- Be prepared to work flexibly across the week.
- A current UK driving licence.
Special Working Conditions
Due to the nature of the role, your working hours are flexible and will cover a variety of shifts, including days, split shifts, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and special events. It is anticipated that holidays will be taken outside of the busy peak season.
The successful candidates would be required to live on-site in your own touring accommodation (with up to 2 dogs permitted). In return we offer:
- Competitive salary (exceeds National Living Wage).
- 1 x enclosed private compound for your accommodation.
- Free of charge use of facilities in your compound/ on-site (with the exception of a TV Licence).
- 28 days holidays per annum including bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Generous contributory pension scheme with life assurance. (After three months’ service the Company offers membership of the Company pension scheme as an alternative to the Government Auto-enrolment scheme. You would have to contribute 3% and the Company contributes 10%. Sitting alongside this pension scheme is life assurance up to x10 salary.
- Healthcare allowance.
- Access to a variety of professional training courses to improve your skills.
- Company sick pay subject to qualifying conditions.
- Company share scheme (subject to certain qualifying conditions).
- Please note your pets are welcome (maximum of 2).
To find out more information and to apply, please email your covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 20th January 2021
Intended start date: 1st March 2021**
*Start date may vary due to the latest Government restrictions.
*Please note: If you are interested in applying for this role, you must be available to start on this date.